Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Castlevania Flash: Update




I fixed a major bug and made changes to Castlevania Flash tonight to make it more playable:

Bug:

As Alucard, press down and jump to turn to a bat. Stay close to the floor and transforming back to Alucard would push you down through to the floor and die. Not anymore.

Changes:

I removed the pendulums in stage A-02-02. Pendulums and platform were never implemented properly. In fact I need a lot more time to do them. I spent hours if not days trying to get them to work last year. I know from a friend who made a 2D platformer before that they are a pain to program so it's not just me apparently.

I removed the stairs going down in stage 9-02-03 to prevent to user from going down. 9-02-03 is the last level I designed so there's nothing down there anyways. I would be surprised if anyone made it that far.

Bats and Medusas are fully implemented. They can now hurt, kill and be killed. Nasty creatures.

Things I want to fix soon: Vertical scrolling. Ever wonder why early famicom titles had no vertical scrolling? It's incredibly tough to make! Every time I make a small change to the characters' falling down state I have to go back in horizontal scrolling to check it and lo and behold it no longer works properly.

Here is the link: http://www.firebell.org/guardiansoft/castleflash/

No comments:

Post a Comment